Cologne (GER), March 2022 - Get a well-founded update in innovative methodological developments in sport and exercise. This international research summer school will be held 26 Sep - 01 Oct 2022, at German Sport University Cologne - Europe's largest specialist university in the field. The program is aimed at aspiring young researchers in sports science, with disciplines ranging from the life sciences to social sciences and humanities.
From training studies to sports medicine, from psychology to sport management, from sport history to cultures of movement, experience for yourself, up close and personal, the diverse and multi-disciplinary approach to sports science typical for German Sport University Cologne. Here, researchers with a broad variety of academic backgrounds do research and teaching on all matters related to sports. You are sure to profit from this profound expertise in a summer school that will bring you up to date with all that’s new in sports studies.
Experts from the wide spectrum of sports science disciplines taught at GSU Cologne will give you insights into the latest discussions and practices in the field of research methods in sports science. Find out more about how sports science is driving methodological innovation, and how this is influencing other disciplines. In addition, get hands-on experiences in how to apply these sport specific methods in practical workshops.
Lectures (in alphabetical order of presenters, all confirmed)
- Muscle research from basic science to sport practice
Professor Dr. Bloch (Institute of Cardiology and Sports Medicine)
- Competition intensity in sport: constructs, specific methods, and relevance for sport science and beyond
Professor Dr. Breuer (Institute of Sport Economics and Sport Management)
- Basics and implementation of network meta-analyses in sport, exercise and health
Professor Dr. Donath (Institute of Exercise Training and Sport Informatics)
- fNIRS as a neuroimaging tool to measure motor-cognition
Jr. Professor Dr. Helmich (Institute of Movement Therapy and Movement-oriented Prevention and Rehabilitation)
- Behavioral movement analysis in sport and movement therapy research
Professor Dr. Lausberg (Institute of Movement Therapy and Movement-oriented Prevention and Rehabilitation)
- Big data in soccer
Professor Dr. Memmert (Institute of Exercise Training and Sport Informatics)
- Performance diagnostics procedures in sports medicine
Professor Dr. Predel (Institute of Cardiology and Sports Medicine)
- Opening lecture (title to be announced)
Professor Dr. Raab (Institute of Psychology) and Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. em. Klaus Willimczik (University of Bielefeld/University of Darmstadt)
- #vortanz ("Audition") - Presentation of digital tools developed by Motion Bank and their use as research and analysis tools in higher education in dance and sport
Professor Dr. Steinberg (Institute of Dance and Movement Culture)
- Hermeneutics and fields of research in sport history
Professor Dr. Wassong (Institute of Sport History)