Washington, DC (USA), August 2023 - Class Technologies Inc., a global leader in virtual classrooms, has announced the upcoming release of its next generation virtual classroom, Class 2.0.
Class 2.0 features enhancements and innovations that were informed by customer testing and feedback and focuses on enabling active learning, collaboration, and engagement in online classrooms and virtual instructor-led training.
- a simplified navigation and user interface designed to increase learner engagement and instructor effectiveness that can be customized to the individual needs of the user
- a new collaborative feature set that empowers instructors to go beyond screen share and enables real-time collaboration in the virtual classroom, including sharing web pages, whiteboards, and working together in real time on documents in Google Docs and Microsoft Office 365
- enhanced LMS integrations with Blackboard Learn, D2L Brightspace, OpenLMS, Moodle, and Instructure Canvas. Instructors can deploy LMS resources and content without leaving the virtual classroom environment. (Currently in beta)
- inclusion of key feature sets from Class Collaborate, formerly Blackboard Collaborate, that enable Collaborate customers to accelerate their transition to Class
- improved stability and scalability
"Class 2.0 is the next generation virtual classroom that will transform learning experiences with a robust, interactive, and accessible platform that's purpose built for instructional settings," said Michael Chasen, co-founder and CEO of Class. "With an emphasis on learner experience and instructor effectiveness, Class now combines the best of online and face-to-face learning."
Later in the year, Class will also make available the Class A.I. Teaching Assistant. Powered by ChatGPT, the A.I. TA will improve learning engagement and outcomes in live online classes and virtual training by enabling learners to ask questions and receive immediate, relevant answers based on what was taught in class.